Copyrights, Trademarks, and Patents: Everything You Need to Know for Selling on Amazon - Special Guest: Jeff Schick - EP.1
Welcome to Crossover Commerce - Our new podcast for all things eCommerce content. We want to become a go-to resource for sellers looking to enter the space or level-up their knowledge.
On today's episode, Jeff Schick, Partner of Rafelson Schick and Founder of SellerBasics, talks about what all Amazon sellers should know when it comes to copyright, patent, and trademarks. We also cover many questions related to Amazon images and who owns them, should you take your own image, what if you hire someone to do your images, and more. Jeff has been an Amazon seller for over 9 years, and ran a multi-million dollar Amazon Seller Central and Vendor Central business in the United States while attending law school at the University of Pennsylvania. Now, Jeff and the entire legal team at Rafelson Schick use their passion for eCommerce and all-things-Amazon to help entrepreneurs grow their business and thrive on Amazon's marketplaces.
Covered in the episode:
- Will my trademark name on the title or product box cover me?
- If possible should you add your name on the product or package?
- Do Amazon sellers get any automatic rights when they start selling?
- First step before selling should you check patents in countries you are going to sell in?
- How does an Amazon seller obtain the copyright on an image?
- How do you know who owns an image when many people use it or modify it?
- How can sellers protect their material or goods?
- Should you protect yourself from your factory?
- Using a partial product from the internet for package photo?
- Websites that have images you can use for commercial use?
- Photo services that can work with you and follow legal guides.
- Amazon Account Health Dashboard.
About Host, Ryan Cramer:
Ryan has worked for various companies in the ecommerce/Amazon space over the past 6+ years, encompassing international manufacturing/distributing/selling online, SaaS and FinTech. His unique perspective comes from working with numerous partners and authorities in the online seller community. With the help of his connections in the ecommerce and Amazon space, he hopes to bring a different and unbiased view on how to "level-up your knowledge".
Thanks to special guest host, Rob Stanley, CMO of FeedbackWhiz
FeedbackWhiz helps Amazon sellers monitor, manage, and automate emails, product reviews, orders, and feedback. Build professional email templates with gifs, emojis, buttons, and attachments. A/B test subject lines and view open rate analytics. Send or exclude emails based on triggers such as refunds, shipment, delivery, feedback, and repeat buyers. Track and manage all product reviews. Instant notifications whenever a review is posted. Monitor all product listings and get alerts when critical events such as hijackers, buy-box loss, and listing changes occur.
About PingPong Payments
Since 2015, PingPong has been on a mission to help e-commerce sellers keep more of their hard-earned profits. Today, more than 600,000 e-commerce merchants around the world trust PingPong to save them money on cross-border payments, VAT payments, supplier payments, and more. To date, PingPong has processed more than $10 billion for global e-commerce sellers, and we now have more than 400 employees in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/crossover-commerce/message